About the event
Urban American Outdoors is excited to host our Urban Kids Fishing Derby in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, September 26, 2020. Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. and the event is from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area and it’s FREE. There will be a $100 grand prize. Follow us on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/urbankidsfish
Urban Kids Fish LA Location: 4100 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90056 Directions
*By submitting/registering you agree to UAOTV’s photo / video release.
Register Your Child
THINGS TO KNOW
1. What time does the event begin?
8:30 a.m. for the Aquatic Education and Registration.
2. What are the fishing times of the event?
The Derby is from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 26th, 2020.
3. If I registered online, do I have to register again at the table?
Yes, we need a physical signed release form for your child to participate.
4. What is the age range for the fishing derby?
Fishing participants must be from ages 7 to 15.
5. How many poles can I have in the water?
You are allowed to have one pole per youth participant.
6. Can parents or guardians fish for the children?
No, parents and guardians may assist the youth participant but may not fish for them.
7. Do I need a fishing license?
No, during the derby a fishing license is not required for youth participants. If you’re going to continue fishing after the derby, you will need a valid fishing license required for your area.
8. What fish are in the lake?
Catfish, bluegill, bass, and possibly trout.
9. Why do I need to weigh my fish?
You must weigh fish to have them recorded to be eligible for prizes. Your name, weight of fish, and time will be recorded.
10. How many fish are you allowed to weigh for the fishing derby contest?
You are allowed to measure or weigh only one fish per youth participant.
11. What if I catch a bigger fish than the one I previously weighed?
You may not exchange that fish for the one previously measured or weighed. Only one fish may be weighed per youth participant.
12. If I catch a fish and I already weighed one, can I give it to another youth participant?
No, all participants must catch their own fish to be weighed.
13. What bait may be used?
Worms may be used.
14. Will bait be sold?
No, bait will not be sold. Bringing your own bait is preferred. Some additional bait may be available.
15. How are prizes determined?
Prizes are determined by the weights and sizes of the fish. The biggest and smallest fish are selected for prizes.
16. Do I have to be present to win a prize?
Yes, you must be present to win a prize.
17. What are the prizes?
The contents of the prizes will vary. (It’s a surprise!)
To Be Announced