About the event
Urban American Outdoors presents Urban Kids Fish Virtual Fishing Derby
From Saturday, June 5, 2021, to Sunday, June 13, 2021, during National Fishing and Boating Week.
A free family fun event open to all, and you can be anywhere in the country to participate.
How To Participate:
- Go to our website at urbankidsfish.com to register.
- Most states require anglers between 16 and 65 to purchase a fishing license. If you fit in that age range, please obtain your fishing license.
- Never been fishing? Please go to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife website to get some basic pointers on “how to fish in freshwater”: https://www.fws.gov/fisheries/fishing_is_fun.html
- Catch a fish during the week of the event at your local lake or pond. If you are not familiar with the types of fish that you might catch, please consult the agency that sells fishing licenses for your state to help you identify your fish.
- Download and print our Digital Tackle Box Printout to fill in the date and time you caught your fish. If you don’t have a printer, don’t worry, just use a blank sheet of paper and include: Your name, date, time, and location. Hold up your filled in Digital Tackle Box Printout (or sheet of paper) and take a picture of you holding your fish.
- Post the picture(s) on Urban Kids Fish Facebook with #ukfvirtual.
There will be a $150 grand prize. Follow us on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/urbankidsfish
We will be giving out prizes, and winners will be drawn, notified, and announced.
So, Let’s Go Fishing with Urban Kids Fish / SODAS Life Inc.
Partners are US Forest Service, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, National Parks Service, Trout Unlimited, Gates Bar-B-Q, and KPRS.
*By submitting/registering you agree to UAOTV’s photo / video release
Thank you to our wonderful partners!